The 125 new Townsend Institute students will learn the competence-plus-character growth model employed at Compass Rose, which looks beyond surface-level problems to view personal growth from a deeper “character structure” perspective.
Compass Rose Academy has had a long alliance with Dr. Townsend, a New York Timesbest-selling author, leadership consultant and psychologist. He helped to shape the Compass Rose curriculum and continues to be personally involved in our program by frequently attending conferences and events with Compass Rose Academy and blogging monthly on the website.
“Dr. Townsend is a strong advocate and believer in our nationwide program, and for that we are immensely blessed and thankful,” said Haarer.
The opening was celebrated with a free leadership and growth seminar led by Dr. Townsend, who was joined by other renowned individuals including:
- Dr. Gary Oliver, psychologist and Executive Director of The Center for Healthy Relationships
- Dave Lindsey, Founder and CEO of Defender Direct
- Wayne Williams, CEO of Telect
- Steve Arterburn, M.Ed., best-selling author, founder and chairman of New Life Ministries
- Kenneth Blanchard, best-selling author, management expert, founder and spiritual director of the Blanchard Companies
- Drs. John and Julie Gottman, relationship researchers, clinicians and best-selling authors
- Dr. Henry Cloud, Ph.D., leadership expert, business consultant, psychologist and best-selling author
- John Ortberg, author, leadership expert and senior pastor of Menlo Park Presbyterian Church.
The daylong seminar offered valuable insights into God’s system for healing, how leaders can and must resolve “me-ism” in their organizations, the personal habits that will catalyze results for an organization and how using the energy of two of our drives can cause healing and growth. Each lesson featured special videos by the speakers.
The Townsend Institute also offers credentials in executive coaching, counseling and leadership, and programming is available both residentially and online. To learn more, visit:http://www2.compassroseacademy.org/e/71982/graduate-townsend-institute/mpt31/51159170.